Duluth, GA – April 18, 2017 – Users will experience some new updates to our EDEN application effective Thursday, April 20th, 2017 following scheduled EDEN maintenance beginning at 7:00 p.m. and ending at 9:30 p.m. Those updates include the following:
- Updated Map Data
- Users no longer have to select In/Out of the City when creating locate requests
- Grid Selector Tool icon has been removed (Polygon tool should be used in its place)
During this time all EDEN services will be offline impacting your ability to use EDEN. Our CSR’s will also be unavailable to accept damage and emergency notices. In the event of a utility damage or emergency, please contact the affected utility directly during this time, and then call Georgia 811 once the maintenance has been completed. Additional services that will not be available during this time include Positive Response Information System (PRIS).
When copying a locate request created prior to April 20, 2017, follow these steps:
- Enter the Locate Request number you are wanting to copy in Locate Request Manager.
- Click on the zero version of the Locate Request.
- Select the radio button next to copy at the top of the page.
- Select the copy button.
- Select OK from the pop-up (save manually selected dig site).
- Delete the information in the County and City fields.
- Reselect the County and City from the drop-down list.
- Make any necessary changes to the information listed on the request (if needed).
- Verify Dig Site.
- Once map has been verified, select ‘submit request’ at the bottom of the page.
- A pop-up box with your Locate Request number will appear indicating that you have successfully copied your locate request.
If you cannot locate an address on the EDEN map, use the steps detailed in the video below to utilize Latitude & Longitude coordinates.